Monday, October 10, 2011

Blog Wars 2 Tickets Now Available!!

The time has come to get your tickets for the upcoming sequel to Blog Wars ..... Blog Wars 2: Battle of the Bloggers. Well I'm not winning any prizes for originality in the title of the tournament but hopefully the format will be an improvement on last time. As you can see there's a PayPal link on the right of the page where you can get tickets. I've made it so you can only buy one per transaction to make tracking players easier, please fill in your name and army in the notes box so that I know who's paid. Kind of difficult trying to piece together blog avatars and email addresses without it!! Tickets will be £15 again which is £7.50 for the food and £7.50 into the prize pot. Please let me know if you have any special dietary requirements so I can pass that onto the venue.

As I've mentioned in previous posts the format has changed in some ways but stayed the same in others. I want this to be bigger and better than the first one. I'm hoping the vast majority of people who came first time round will return and who knows they might even bring friends. Anyway, here's whats staying the same:

1. There's still a compulsory special character in your armies - this was something I was keen to maintain
2. It'll still be designed to be a friendlier, less competitive, alternative to the big tournaments
3. Most of the people there will be bloggers (hence the name) but it isn't essential
4. The money from tickets will still be put into the prize pot and not my pocket!

Here's what I'm improving over last time:

1. Gone are the standard rulebook missions in favour of some custom scenarios (which, let's face it, is a welcome change)
2. The scoring structure has changed to make it clear how convincing your victory was. Annihilating your opponent should be worth more than scraping a victory!
3. Name badges - the point of the tournament is for people to get to know each other
4. Better food - the venue now does it's own catering which, from the last tournament I went to, is better than last time
5. Proper event pack - I'll send these out to people who've bought tickets once I've had chance to compile them
6. Trophies and/or certificates - some of the winners *cough*Ven*cough* bitched that they wanted a certificate so I'll cobble something together
7. Prizes will be printed vouchers to avoid the "huddle round the till" scenario that occcured last time
8. Possible quiz/meal afterwards if people are up for it - details to follow

Right I hope people like the sound of it. If you've got any questions feel free to contact me. I look forward to seeing you all again and hopefully meeting some new people too.

Spread the word!

4 comments:

  1. Whoot!! Can't wait mate...and now there are certificates? OMG I may die of excitement!

    Haha. I like the sounds of the missions..echo Atreides thoughts with regards to the defender thing..

    I'll be paypaling mine this week...don't sell out before I buy!!
    Awesome work as always bro

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, i just paid but forgot to put in my name and army.

    Andrew Pattison - Imperial Guard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got mine!

    John Holland - Some flavour of Space Wolves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alex,

    Will find my credit card and book my ticket asap!

    Graham.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...